Welcome to the 2020 Hamster “Socially Distant” Scavenger Hunt!
Hosted by Cascade Connections
This November, we want to celebrate locations and businesses in Whatcom County – the place we call home. In recent years, our fundraising efforts have relied on the support of countless small businesses that have made it possible to pursue our mission of empowering individuals with disabilities to improve their quality of life. By participating in the 2020 Hamster “Socially Distant” Scavenger Hunt, you’ll get to see some of these businesses as well as other landmarks that make Whatcom County special. By playing, you will also get the opportunity to win prizes!
The Hamster “Socially Distant” Scavenger Hunt runs from Friday, November 13th through Sunday, November 22nd. Photo submissions are open during this period.
How to Participate
- Use the form below to sign up.
- After registering, you will have access to clues. Use the photos and clues to find our locations!
- Upon successfully reaching a scavenger hunt location, take a photo of yourself and post on Facebook or Instagram with #HamsterScavengerHunt and tag Cascade Connections. Make sure your privacy permissions allow us to see your photo.
- If you wish to participate from home, there are five virtual locations!
Each photo counts as one submission into the prize pool. The more locations you discover, the better chance to win prizes! Prizes include gift certificates, glassware from local breweries, Hamster events goods, Cascade Connections merchandise, and more! We will hold a drawing after the event and contact winners to collect your prize.
Safety is our number one priority!
With this event, public safety is a top priority. Help us mitigate risks of COVID-19 transmission. Here are the rules:
- Participants must agree to use caution and discretion and obey ALL LOCAL RULES at all times, including following guidelines related to COVID-19.
- Please stay home if you are experiencing COVID-19/flu-like symptoms or if you are sick. We also have virtual options for those who want to participate from home!
- We strongly encourage participants to follow the WA State Department of Health order requiring face masks to be worn in public spaces.
- Maintain at least 6 feet of distance from people in other groups.
- Wash hands before and after participating, and consider bringing along some hand sanitizer.
- Gather with no more than 5 people outside your household per week.
- Respect our participating businesses by not crowding entryways.
Registration is free, but you MUST register to participate.